No other like the iRobot Roomba 960 Review that cleans perfectly. It includes Wi-Fi connectivity, voice control, camera navigation, and an excellent smartphone app that issues alerts and detailed cleaning reports. The most impressive, though, is a three-stage cleaning system that delivered the best results of any robot vacuums we researched before.
Table of Contents
- Vacuum Type: Robotic vacuums
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 13.8 x 3.6 inches
- Weight: 8.6 pounds
- Max RunTime: 75 minutes
- Cleaning Path Width: 7 inches
- Bagless & Cordless: Yes
- Features: Smart Mapping, Pet Hair Pick Up, Variable Suction Control, Edge Cleaning, Self-Cleaning Brushroll, Dirt Detection Sensor
- Auto Recharge & Resume: Yes
- Controller Type: Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant
- Suitable for: Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
We have discussed How to Choose the Best Robot Vacuum in another post.
Why Should You Select iRobot Roomba 960 Review?
Now, let us know in a very brief way, why you would give the iRobot Roomba 960 the most priority. The first-generation Roomba defined pretty well the template for all robot vacuums to follow.
First, the measurement of Roomba 960 is 13.8-by-3.6 inches, and weighs 8.5 pounds, which is an ideal task.
Secondly, a large “clean” switch is installed prominently on the top between its spot cleaning and home buttons. In fact, you can use these to control manually the robot vacuum, although as you’ll see in a bit, there are facilities for using more hands-free options.
Thirdly, a camera attached to the front of the iRobot Roomba 960 allows it to navigate more smoothly, and there’s a dust bin in the back.
Fourthly, the pair of roller brushes all the dirty work that works together to lift and loosen everything from tiny particles to large ruins for suctioning.
Fifthly, there’s a side brush, when activated, sweeps along walls, baseboards, and furniture legs. Moreover, there are also various sensors that help it identify high assemblies of dirt that require more attention, and a couple of wheels to support it to safely maneuver room terrain.
Finally, the iRobot Roomba 960 connects to Wi-Fi, then you can control it with the app. Out of the box, you’ll need to charge the vacuum. Truly, this takes about three hours. Then, follow the prompts in the companion app to connect to your network.
How Do You Get Roomba Ready?
Actually, there are several ways to begin cleaning with the iRobot Roomba 960. Firstly, press the ‘Clean’ switch on the top of the vacuum, then use the virtual version in the companion app, or use Amazon Alexa. In fact, the best of the advantages of the 960 over some other Roomba models is you can tell it how to clean by selecting from three cleaning-pass settings in the app:
- First, one-cleaning pass: In this procedure, the Roomba 960 will make a single pass over the whole area.
- Second, two-cleaning pass: The Roomba 960 will double back over cleaned areas; this is particularly useful in homes with pets.
- Third, Automatic: This mode approves the Roomba 960 to decide how many passes to make, based on the size of the room. For example, a smaller room will get two or more passes, while a larger room will get just one.
On the other hand, there’s an “edge clean” feature too that you can toggle to have the robot vacuum clean toward walls and furniture, in addition to open areas.
The Advantages of the Roomba 960 Vacuum
The big advantage is the Roomba 960 can work for about 70- to 75 minutes on a time charge. However, if there’s still cleaning pending when the battery is running low, it will come back to its dock to recharge, and then continue until finish the cleaning. They are worthy robotic cleaners.
The Roomba 960 does an excellent job of cleaning all three-floor surfaces in a particular space, pulling up food crumbs, pet litter, tracked-in dirt, and tiny pieces of torn paper. Moreover, the most surprising is how much pet hair is pulled up, as they haven’t been much visible on the floor. Overall, iRobot’s vacuum does at least as well on the carpeting as a stick vacuum—and it performs even better on wood and linoleum.
By the by, unlike the other robotic vacuums, the Roomba 960 doesn’t support you handling it manually. You can schedule up to seven days worth of cleanings, though, for everyday maintenance.
Advanced Features of the Certain Vacuum
After all, the Roomba 960 is expensive, but you will get your money’s worth. Navigation is better than what you get from robotic vacuums that use sensors alone. Because it isn’t slowed by barriers or transitioning from the one-floor rear to another, you’re not wasting battery power.
Finally, it leaves your floors taintless. On the other hand, the voice activation and detailed cleaning reports are just gravy. And choosing the perfect vacuum is important.
iRobot Roomba 960 Pros and Cons
- Romba 960 goes over kitchen mats and floor carpet and onto hardwood floors without any problems.
- It’s short enough to go under the couch or bed.
- The robot vacuum will sense ledges and not fall off. You can put it on the kitchen counter and stairs. It will sense the end of the ledges and turn around.
- Can be turned on from work using a Smartphone.
- Notices you when junk is full.
- It gets recharges itself when the battery is low and goes back out to recharge.
- Remembers which parts it’s vacuumed and which areas it hasn’t.
- If you turn off the light, it heads back to the dock and cancels the action.
iRobot Roomba 960’s Exclusive Information
- Featuring Roomba fundamentals- wi-fi connected, patented dirt detect technology, smart navigation, extreme-sweeping brush, auto-attached cleaning head, works on both carpets and hard floors.
- Power-Lifting Suction delivers airpower for improved pick-up performance.
- Intelligently designs and cleans an entire level of your home.
- High-Efficiency Filter catches 99% of all allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns.
- Excellent for homes with pets. The Premium 3-stage cleaning system cleans pet hair and the dust you don’t see.
- Unique dual multi-surface rubber brushes adjust and flex with carpets and hard floors to stay in constant contact.
- Automatically recharges as required, and then continues cleaning – until the job is finished.
- Customize and control how you clean with the iRobot Home app.
- Box content: a home base charging station, a Roomba 960 wi-fi connected robot vacuum, a line cord, an extra aero force high-efficiency filter, an extra side brush, a dual-mode virtual wall barrier, guide, and document message package.
Can iRobot Roomba 960 work and be programmed without Wi-Fi?
Not at all, it needs Wi-Fi to get perfect work.
Does Roomba 960 work in the dark?
Not exactly, if you turn off the light, it heads back to the dock and cancels the action.
Where are the Roomba vacuums made?
The Roomba vacuum is designed in the US and manufactured in China.
The iRobot Roomba 960 is one of the best robot vacuum cleaners. That offers powerful cleaning performance, advanced features, and convenient controls. With its intelligent mapping technology and efficient cleaning system. It can navigate around your home. Clean many surfaces, and avoid obstacles. Additionally, the app-based controls and voice-activated commands make it easy to customize. Cleaning schedules and tracking its progress from anywhere. Although it may be on the higher end of the price range for robot vacuums. The Roomba 960’s advanced features and excellent performance. Make it a worthwhile investment for anyone seeking a high-quality, efficient. An easy-to-use cleaning solution for their home. The Roomba 960 is a top-performing robot vacuum. That is well worth considering for anyone. Looking for a powerful and reliable cleaning solution. Hope you have found iRobot Roomba 960 Review in this post.