With so many great features, the Shark Vacuum is the best vacuum in the market. People all over the world know this vacuum the best. Although it is normal to have problems with such gadgets. A problem many shark vacuum users have is that the “shark vacuum light comes on, but the motor remains unresponsive”.
This problem can occur for five specific reasons. But when your Shark vacuum light is on, but the motor is unresponsive, it can be a frustrating experience for you. To get the most out of your Shark robot vacuum, you must address this issue now.
Before you panic or consider buying a new vacuum, let’s look at the causes and solutions to this problem.
Table of Contents
5 Reaosn Of Shark vacuum light turns on but the motor doesn’t work
These eight reasons are most likely to make the light on your Shark vacuum come on, but the motor doesn’t work;
- (Shark vacuum) Overheating
- Clogged Hose or Filters
- Broken Belt
- Faulty Motor
- Worn Out Components
Troubleshooting these issues can often help you identify and resolve the problem with your Shark vacuum.
Do you know how to fix these issues? If you don’t know, look below; we have provided the best solution.
How to fix Shark vacuum light turns on but motor doesn’t work
To solve the above problem, we have provided the best solution below;
1. Solution of Overheating
One of the reasons why your Shark vacuum light is on but the motor is not working is because the motor is overheating. To get rid of this problem, first and foremost, prioritize safety by turning off and unplugging the vacuum. Overheating often occurs as a protective mechanism to prevent motor damage.
So, give the appliance some time to cool down, which typically takes 30 minutes to an hour. While it’s cooling, inspect the hose and filters for blockages. If found, clear them to restore proper airflow. Clean any dirty filters and ensure they are completely dry before reinserting them.
Read more; Is Your Shark Vacuum So Loud – Fix it Now
2. Solution of Clogged Hose or Filters
Also, look for things like tangled hair or trash in the brush roll (Troubleshoot) and remove them. To prevent future overheating, consider breaking your vacuuming into shorter intervals. Try to use lower suction settings when appropriate.
Note: Do you want to increase your vacuum suction power? go here to ” Improve Your Shark Vacuum Suction Power Just Simple 8 Steps“
A clogged hose or filter prevents the motor from turning on for two reasons:
- Restricted airflow
- Overheated motor
To check for a clogged hose or filter, follow these steps:
- First, disconnect the hose from the vacuum cleaner.
- Then, inspect the hose for any blockages. If you see a blockage or jam, remove it with your fingers or a thin object like a broom handle.
- Next, remove the filter from the vacuum cleaner.
- After that, clean the filter with cold water until the water is clear.
- Lastly, let the filter dry completely in the air before putting it back in.
If you’ve cleaned the hose and filter and the vacuum cleaner still won’t turn on, the problem may be with the motor itself. If this happens, you’ll need to get in touch with Shark customer service for more help.
Here are three tips to help prevent your hose and filter from becoming clogged:
- Empty the dust cup regularly.
- Clean the filters regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Avoid vacuuming up large or sharp objects.
Follow the above tips to prevent the hose and filter from becoming clogged
Do you know how to use your vacuum on the carpet? here we discuss details ” How to Use a Vacuum to Clean Carpets Well – Know the Secrets“
3. Best Solution of the Broken Belt
A broken belt is one of the most common reasons a Shark vacuum light turns on, but the motor doesn’t work. Power is sent from the motor to the brush roll by the belt. If the belt is broken, the brush roll will not turn, and the vacuum will not be able to clean.
To check for a broken belt, follow these steps:
- Remove the bottom plate of the vacuum cleaner.
- Inspect the belt for any cracks or tears. You will need to get a new belt if the old one is broken.
You can purchase replacement belts from the Shark website or from other retailers. To replace the belt, follow these steps:
- Remove the old belt from the vacuum cleaner.
- Wrap the new belt around the motor pulley and (maintain) the brush roll pulley.
- Be sure that the belt is properly aligned and that it is not twisted.
- Reattach the bottom plate of the vacuum cleaner.
- Plug the vacuum cleaner back in and try turning it on.
It’s possible that the motor is broken if the vacuum cleaner still won’t work after the belt has been changed. In this case, you will need more help from Shark’s customer service.
Here are four tips to help prevent your belt from breaking:
- Avoid picking up things that are big or sharp.
- Avoid vacuuming up wet or damp surfaces.
- Regularly clean the belt and the brush roll to remove any dirt or debris.
- When the belt starts to look worn, it’s time to get a new one.
4. Solution of Faulty Motor
The vacuum will not be able to start if the motor is broken, even if all the other parts are working fine. There are three things that can cause a motor to fail, such as:
- Wear and tear
- Electrical problems
If you suspect the motor in your Shark vacuum is faulty, contact Shark customer support for further assistance. A skilled expert will identify what’s wrong and suggest the best way to fix it.
Here are three tips to help prevent your motor from failing:
- Do not let the motor get too hot. When the cleaner gets too hot, it needs to be turned off and left to cool down before being used again.
- Clean and take care of your vacuum regularly.
- If you use it regularly, clean it at least once a month, especially if you have pets.
- Avoid using the vacuum on wet surfaces. This can damage the motor and other electrical components.
If you follow these tips, you can help extend the life of your Shark vacuum motor and prevent costly repairs.
5. Solution of worn-out Components
Worn-out components can also cause the Shark Vacuum light to turn on but the motor does not work. Over time, the three components of a vacuum cleaner, such as the belt, brush roll and filters, can wear out and become damaged. As a result, it restricts airflow and stresses the motor, causing it to fail.
Here are four tips to help prevent your Shark vacuum components from wearing out prematurely:
- Avoid vacuuming up wet or damp surfaces and cleaning up big or sharp things.
- Inspect the components of your vacuum regularly for signs of wear and tear. Replace any parts that are broken or worn out.
Follow the above four tips and solve the problem of worn-out parts.
After that, you will know some common questions and answers.
FAQs On Why Shark Vacuum Turns On But Motor Not Working
What should I do if the power cord is damaged?
If the power cord is damaged, it’s essential to replace it. Using a damaged cord can be dangerous and may lead to electrical issues.
How do I reset my Shark vacuum cleaner?
To reset your Shark vacuum cleaner, locate the power button, turn it off, unplug the vacuum, and then plug it back in. Press the power button to turn on the vacuum. This should reset your Shark vacuum. If you want to know more details, visit here : How Do I Reset My Shark Vacuum – Easy Then, if you don’t know, please see the video
Why is my vacuum suddenly not turning on?
If your vacuum is suddenly not turning on, it could be due to various reasons, including;
- A disconnected power source,
- A faulty power cord,
- A blown fuse,
- A tripped circuit breaker or
- An internal issue
First, check the power source and the power cord for any visible damage. Then, try a different outlet to rule out electrical issues if everything seems fine. Next, if the problem persists, it may require professional inspection and repair.
Finally, we are going to the conclusion.
When your Shark vacuum (green) light comes on, but the motor is silent, it can be a surprise. But, by following the correct troubleshooting steps above, you can usually identify and resolve the problem. And remember, safety should always be a priority. If the problem continues, don’t hesitate to get help from Shark’s customer service.
Hello, I’m Ethan Mitchell. I studied Geography and Environmental Management at the University of Florida. I want to share with you the light of my learning and the beautiful benefits of research. When it comes to cleanliness, the home comes first, so I started my journey out of a personal interest in keeping a house clean.